North Shropshire BKA Photographic Competition Rules 2019
- The subject for the North Shropshire BKA Photographic Competition 2019 is 'Bees and Beekeeping'. The theme is open to individual interpretation but entries must have beekeeping at their heart.
- Entrants can submit up to twelve photos, in colour or black and white.
- Images may be digitally enhanced or manipulated. The judges reserve the right to exclude any image without giving any reason for so doing.
- The competition is open to members of the North Shropshire Beekeepers' Association only.
- Each entry should state where the photo was taken. This can be done in the photo title or description when uploading.
- Entries should be uploaded to the North Shropshire BKA website.
- The competition closes at midnight on Monday 30 September. (This may be extended)
- The organisers accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges will select a shortlist of photographs (the 'Finalists') which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the brief and the commercial appeal of the photographs. Association members will be invited to vote for the Finalist they like the best. That winner will receive a prize of a poly nuc of their preferred make e.g. Maismore/Paynes and type.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the NSBKA. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the NSBKA the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on the NSBKA website and in the Beelines newsletter or other NSBKA publication. Entrants whose photographs are one of the Finalists or selected to appear in the North Shropshire BKA Calendar grant to the NSBKA the further rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on their respective websites or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include photographers' names.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the NSBKA reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if the NSBKA has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
- The NSBKA reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the NSBKA reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
This competition is administered by the NSBKA committee.
The North Shropshire BKA
Photographic Competition 2019